Main Article Content
This article is aimed to examining the legal mechanisms and rules in Vietnam in order to ascertain whether there is any significant effort to prevent foreign investment projects which look for “pollution haven.” The main attention will be paid to the normative framework of environmental control over foreign investors. This examination will be conducted in the context of the legal case against Vedan Vietnam, a foreign investor who was caught in intentional massive pollution practice conducted during an extensive period of time. The case serves as a good background when examining Vietnamese investment and environmental protection laws.
MFU Connexion: Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences has an exclusive right to publish the accepted articles in any form. However, the author retains the following rights:
1. The right to the ownership of the article;
2. The right to use all or part of the article in his/her other works;
3. The right to re-produce the article for personal use or for use in the author’s organisation, in which case the author must obtain permission from MFU Connexion: Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences;
4. The right to make copies of all or part of the work for educational use or for the author’s use in classroom teaching; and
5. The right to include the work (both the preprinted and printed versions) in an institutional repository.