MFU Connexion: Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences is committed to disseminating high-quality publications by promoting ethical conduct throughout the process of preparation, selection, emendation, and publication.
Publication ethics for journal editors
1. The editors should be accountable for their comments on the articles published in the journal. They are also responsible for assessing the quality of the materials accepted for the journal. The editors’ publication approval must be based on the article’s academic merit and relevancy to the journal, without any conflict of interests.
2. The editors shall uphold the virtue of fairness when carrying out the duty, without favouritism or prejudice on the ground of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, political ideology, or affiliated institution.
3. The editors shall treat the manuscripts as confidential and process the manuscripts in a timely manner. The distribution of manuscripts must be for the peer review purpose only.
4. The editors have a role in providing advice or guidance to authors and reviewers in all aspects expected from the editors.
5. The editors must have in place a system to protect the identities of the peer reviewers.
6. The editors must keep the editorial board informed and updated on all the guidelines and aspects of the reviewing process.
Publication ethics for journal authors
1. The author must declare that his/her work is original and not under any imprint and authorship obligation. Any violation of professional ethical codes, such as plagiarism, fraudulent use of data, bogus claims of authorship, will result in immediate rejection of the submitted manuscript.
2. The author must obtain permission from the copyright holder to reproduce figures or tables. In order for all figures to be open access, authors must be granted permission from the rights holder. The reproduction of any figure, or table is the sole responsibility of the author, the Journal is not responsible for any and will immediately withdraw the article from the publication of the journal.
3. The author listed must contribute to the research and writing of the article.
4. The author must ensure that the article is not being considered for publication in any journal or proceedings.
Publication ethics for reviewers
1. The reviewer shall uphold the virtue of fairness when carrying out the duty, with an aim to improve the quality of the manuscript.
2. The reviewing process must be carried out in a careful, thorough, objective, and timely manner.
3. The reviewer shall inform the editors if there is any suspicion of plagiarism.
4. If any conflict of interests arises, the reviewer shall notify the editorial board accordingly.
5. The reviewer shall treat the manuscripts as confidential and process the manuscripts in a timely manner. The distribution of manuscripts must be for the peer review purpose only.