8th April 2021 - 10th April 2021
English for Academic study at the University of Glasgow is delighted to welcome you to the BALEAP 2021 Conference.
Building on the 2019 Leeds conference theme (the practitioner), we aim to provide a forum to explore pedagogies for teaching EAP in different contexts, at different levels, face to face and online, and for EAP teacher development.
Some of the questions we are hoping to explore include:
- What does teaching EAP involve and how do we research it?
- What does it mean to teach EAP in different contexts?
- Have we got a shared understanding of this, if indeed this is possible?
- Does EAP have a signature pedagogy?
- How do we support teachers in their development?
- How do we enhance and assure quality in EAP teaching?
- How do our pedagogies inform and respond to current issues in higher education, such as the increasing attention on teaching, transnational education and massification and use of technologies?
The conference will feature pre-conference events including those for the new BALEAP SIGs, distinguished international plenary speakers, panel discussions and symposia, individual paper and poster presentations, workshops, lightening talks, BALEAP’s signature early evening Pecha Kucha session and other informal networking events. We hope you can join us!
Details can be found on the conference website: